When Synergy started, it wasn't even named Synergy. Back then, the server was called Crimsonstone Creative (CSC) and it was started by members of the private Crimsonstone survival server (confusingly enough, we later added a public survival world to CSC despite its name and briefly there were two servers whose names contained "Crimsonstone" that had survival worlds). At the time of CSC's creation, we felt that the creative servers that we played on were becoming stale or declining in quality and we decided to create CSC to give people another option when choosing a server to call home. Over the years, over one thousand players have joined Synergy, and hundreds have made Synergy their primary Minecraft server. This is a document containing some of the important events over our history, leading up to where we stand today.
- February - Creation of Crimsonstone Creative begins.
- June 12 - The precursor to SynergyCore, CSCUtils, is first used.
- July 5 - The first (and really ugly) website for CSC goes live.
- July 15 - Crimsonstone Creative opens to the public.
- July 25 - The community Skype chat is formed.
- August 1 - Our current benefactors, Dondius and Chejdysz, start hosting the server.
- September 20 - Crimsonstone Creative's name is changed to Synergy.
- December 2 - CSCUtils is finally renamed to SynergyCore.
- January 18 - The plug.dj room is created.
- February 7 - The Toggle Update is released, bringing the first settings and being the first named update.
- April 16 - The NSA Update is released, notably including SynergyEconomy. SynergyEconomy was a short-lived experiment that also tracked all items in Survival, earning the update its name. SynergyEconomy also increased the number of our custom plugins to two and marked the start of SynergySuite.
- March 28 - The first Purge, a 24 hour period where no rules (except for no hacking) exist in Survival, commences. This is a fun activity we like to do whenever Survival is about to reset.
- March 29 - Survival resets and Season Two begins.
- July 15 - The Popcorn Update is released, which includes SynergySurvival for the first time. Nothing is more entertaining than a plugin designed to alter survival mechanics to kill people.
- Early August - Synergy is DDoSed to death and our hosting company, Servercraft, shuts us down with little communication.
- August 21 - Synergy returns with a new and fantastic hosting company, Online.net.
- October 16 - Dubtrack replaces plug.dj as Synergy's chosen group music listening service.
- February 18 - The Love Update is released, containing a load of miscellaneous changes and the Valentine's day Plots world reset.
- March 20 - The Lightning Update is released, which contains the rapid update to Minecraft 1.9.
- May 2 - The Saddest Update is released, which notably includes the departure of a couple of Admins.
- August 3 - THE Update is released (also known as Synergy 2.0) and includes...
- SynergySuite being rewriten from the ground up.
- the introduction of SynergyCreative, which manages custom features that affect Plots and Flatmap.
- the introduction of SynergyLobby, which manages custom features that affect the Lobby.
- an overhaul of the setting system. Changes include the addition of a GUI and settings with non-boolean values.
- October 1 - The second Purge occurs.
- October 2 - Survival resets and Season Three begins.
- October 10 - The Survival Update is released, which includes a number of changes to Survival and an overhaul of the home system.
- December 11 - The Connection Update is released, which introduces service connections that allow you to identify players on Discord and Dubtrack.
- January 14 - Synergy transitions to Discord from Skype.